NOTES of HFCYCLISTS MEETING
Tuesday 3 April 2012, 7.30pm
at the home of John Griffiths
1] CENTRAL LCC MATTERS
Petition forms. Those present at the meeting took some petition forms to gather signatures. You can sign the petition online at:
Please sign the 'Love London,
Go Dutch' petition:
2] OTHER BIKE GROUPS
Also there is Bikes alive http://bikesalive.wordpress.com/ They are more into direct action.
3] RECENT THINGS CONCERNING LBHF.
Susie asked what had happened to our planned ride around some problem areas with Cllrs Stephen Greenhalgh and Nick Botterill. Towards the end of last year Stephen was about to buy a bike and Nick would then contact us. Stephen was meant to have stepped down as Leader of the Council, but the LBHF website still lists him as leader. John will contact Nick to revive it.
Hammersmith Gyratory. There are now surface level crossings of the Fulham Palace rd. Try them out and see what you think. This also the planned route Cycle Superhighway 9. You may notice that it passes through a narrow passageway between a flyover support and subway railings. And because of the demise of the flyover they have put a ladder up and fencing around it highly restricting this passageway. John will write suggesting they put the ladder against another wall of the flyover support.
Wood Lane - Susie will follow up what is happening about cycling infrastructure at the new Imperial College buildings going up there.
David had been to the Dr Bike ealier in the day at Hammersmith Town Hall and was very impressed by the Bikeworks crew. Bikeworks have opened a new shop in Shepherds Bush Rd, near corner of Lena gardens. We wish them well. David has had his bike marked by the police, see http://www.bikeregister.com
4] HOW PEOPLE WOULD LIKE TO
BE INVOLVED IN OUR GROUP
5] RIDES, EVENTS, ETC?
Sunday 17 June, Loretta will organise a ride to Syon Park.
Saturday 16 June, is Open day at the Scrubs, and Susie will write to LBHF and Bikeworks hoping they will be involved.
Bikeweek this year is from Saturday 16 June to Sunday 24 June
7] DATE / PLACE NEXT MEETING
John Griffiths [chair / co-ordinator]